JD(U) hasn`t stopped BJP from deciding on support:
Patna: Daring BJP to withdraw support to it in Bihar, JD(U) on Tuesday said it had not stopped the saffron party on its support to them as it was free to take a decision.
"We have neither tied the legs of BJP nor bent before them to continue support to us...BJP is independent to take its decision...We will not function on the wishes of BJP," Janata Dal (United) Spokesman Shivanand Tiwari told reporters.
He, however, said "nobody will be happy if the alliance breaks down after 17 years of journey together."
Tiwari, who is leader of JD (U) in Rajya Sabha, said "BJP should respect its allies instead of humiliating them."
He said BJP should not forget that no single party could form government at the Centre anymore.
"Despite claims by Congress and BJP that they are national party, but now there is nothing like that. We are ruling in one state while they are in power in four states...This is the only difference now," said Tiwari, a close confidant of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"Regional parties have registered tremendous growth in the country due to the fact that the so called national parties neglected the masses," he said adding BJP should understand this.
"We joined hands with the BJP when it was considered as untouchable in Indian politics," he said and suggested the partner party to honour its sentiment and ideological commitment.
The JD(U) leader said his party only reiterated its old stand as what kind of person should occupy a responsible post like that of prime minister. "We fail to understand the way BJP is reacting to it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'