JD(U) invites Shatrughan Sinha to join party
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: A day after the apex BJP leadership asked party MP Shatrughan Sinha to restrain himself from commenting against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi or praising Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, latter`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD U) has invited the actor-politician to join the party.
Reports on Monday quoted JD(U) spokesperson Sanjay Singh as saying that his party`s door is always open for Sinha. "He can join the JD (U) any time, we will welcome him in our fold," he told media persons on Sunday.
Sinha, who is MP from Patna Saheb in Bihar, courted controversy last Tuesday when he said that Nitish Kumar is a real prime minister material and praised him. He had also said that he wanted to build bridges between the former partners BJP and the JD(U).
Senior BJP leaders Yashwant Sinha and party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain yesterday spoke to Sinha regarding the anti-Modi remarks made by him.
Following his meeting with the two leaders, Sinha also changed his words and toe the party line by saying that he is a worker of the BJP and will always keep working for it.
According to the news reports, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain spoke to Shatrughan Sinha regarding the anti-Modi remarks made by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter