JD(U) lambasts Lalu, Paswan for criticising Nitish
Patna: Ruling JD(U) on Monday pilloried RJD chief Lalu Prasad and LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan for their allegations against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for participating in the Bihar Divas Programme in Mumbai saying they were not happy with the response he received in that metropolis.
JD(U) chief spokesman Sanjay Singh, MLC, speaking to newsmen ridiculed Prasad and Paswan for describing Kumar as a coward and rubbished the charge that he had knelt down before MNS chief Raj Thackeray for attending the function in Mumbai yesterday.
``People can well imagine who is a coward Nitish or Lalu,`` Singh said and recalled that Prasad had once said he would perform Chhath puja in Mumbai but later dropped his programme following objections raised by the MNS leader.
``Nitish Kumar respected the sentiments of Biharis in Maharashtra and faced obstacles for them by going to Mumbai to attend the programme ... He has scripted history by going to Mumbai. It will strengthen the relation between Biharis and people living in Maharashtra and spread the message of peace and social harmony.``
Kumar had taken the initiative and invited Biharis in Maharashtra to Bihar and asked entrepreneurs to participate in the state`s programme for development with justice.
Prasad on the other hand had failed to take any initiative when Biharis were under threat in Mumbai during the period when he was a powerful minister in UPA I, Singh alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead