JD(U) lambasts Lalu, Paswan for criticising Nitish
Patna: Ruling JD(U) on Monday pilloried RJD chief Lalu Prasad and LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan for their allegations against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for participating in the Bihar Divas Programme in Mumbai saying they were not happy with the response he received in that metropolis.
JD(U) chief spokesman Sanjay Singh, MLC, speaking to newsmen ridiculed Prasad and Paswan for describing Kumar as a coward and rubbished the charge that he had knelt down before MNS chief Raj Thackeray for attending the function in Mumbai yesterday.
``People can well imagine who is a coward Nitish or Lalu,`` Singh said and recalled that Prasad had once said he would perform Chhath puja in Mumbai but later dropped his programme following objections raised by the MNS leader.
``Nitish Kumar respected the sentiments of Biharis in Maharashtra and faced obstacles for them by going to Mumbai to attend the programme ... He has scripted history by going to Mumbai. It will strengthen the relation between Biharis and people living in Maharashtra and spread the message of peace and social harmony.``
Kumar had taken the initiative and invited Biharis in Maharashtra to Bihar and asked entrepreneurs to participate in the state`s programme for development with justice.
Prasad on the other hand had failed to take any initiative when Biharis were under threat in Mumbai during the period when he was a powerful minister in UPA I, Singh alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared