JD(U) leader allegedly hammers nails in boy`s feet
Patna: A local leader of Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) has been accused of hammering nails in a thirteen-year-old boy`s feet for allegedly stealing a fan from his shop in Simari-Bakhtiyarpur village of Saharsa district.
Accused Chandramani Prasad Singh, the block chief of the JD-U and son of a former party lawmaker, denied the allegations.
Singh claimed that the teenager Lalu Yadav was caught stealing a fan from his shop and handed over to the police.
“I telephoned the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) that a boy, who tried to flee after a stealing a fan from my shop, has been caught. He has accepted that he stole LCD, DVD, camera and other goods,” Singh told reporters here on Friday.
He dismissed the allegations of brutality as `baseless`, adding that Yadav was roughed up by the mob.
“The news appearing on some television channels that nails were hammered and a noose was put in his neck are baseless. He was beaten by the mob in melee,” Singh added.
The opposition Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) slammed chief minister Nitish Kumar and sought justice for the victims and his family.
Interacting with mediapersons in Patna, senior RJD leader Ram Kripal Yadav accused Kumar of sheltering the culprits.
“Nitish Kumar has given protection and freehand to his party leaders. Our national chief has spoken to the Superintendent of Police there and has sought stringent action against the culprit. The boy and his family must get justice,” Yadav said.
The ruling JD-U admitted that assault on the boy was violation of juvenile laws.
“It is definitely violation of juvenile laws, but it is baseless to claim that nails were hammered in boy`s feet as it was not mentioned in the medical report and FIR registered by Lalu Yadav, and neither a noose was put around his neck,” said Neeraj Kumar Jha, a JD-U spokesperson in Patna.
The victim`s family too has registered a complaint with police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing