JD(U) leader burnt to death by tribals: Police
Purnia: A local JD(U) leader died of burn injuries after he was allegedly set on fire by some tribal people over some property related dispute in Bihar`s Purnia district on Friday evening, police said.
"A group of tribal people surrounded the hut of the JD(U) leader Jainendra Kumar in Kishanpur Balua panchayat and set it afire following a properly-related dispute between them," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Sanjeet Kumar Prabhat said.
Kumar, who was the husband of the Kishanpur Balua panchayat mukhiya Shibo Devi, died on the spot due to severe burn injuries, the SDPO said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, Prabhat said.
Senior police and civil officials have rushed to the spot to investigate the matter, he said, adding raids were being carried on to nab the assailants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed