JD(U) leader demands arrest of Nandy
Patna: Describing sociologist Ashis Nandy`s remarks on OBC, SC and ST as highly objectionable, senior JD(U) leader Shyam Rajak today demanded his arrest.
"The comment is irresponsible and an insult of the OBC, SC and ST population," Rajak, who is JD(U) National General Secretary, said.
The author`s comment has manifested his `feudal mindset`, Rajak, who is Food minister in the Nitish Kumar government, said.
The senior JD(U) leader said that the entire OBC, SC and ST population, which forms an important section of the society, were feeling insulted by Nandy`s remarks at the ongoing Jaipur Literature Festival.
"While the whole nation praises dalit leaders like Baba Saheb Ambedkar and Jyotiba Phule, ...Nandy is trying to vitiate the environment through his irresponsible remarks," he said.
The JD(U) leader said "apology will not do, we demand his arrest without any loss of time for injecting poison in society through his remarks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...