JD(U) leader demands arrest of Nandy
Patna: Describing sociologist Ashis Nandy`s remarks on OBC, SC and ST as highly objectionable, senior JD(U) leader Shyam Rajak today demanded his arrest.
"The comment is irresponsible and an insult of the OBC, SC and ST population," Rajak, who is JD(U) National General Secretary, said.
The author`s comment has manifested his `feudal mindset`, Rajak, who is Food minister in the Nitish Kumar government, said.
The senior JD(U) leader said that the entire OBC, SC and ST population, which forms an important section of the society, were feeling insulted by Nandy`s remarks at the ongoing Jaipur Literature Festival.
"While the whole nation praises dalit leaders like Baba Saheb Ambedkar and Jyotiba Phule, ...Nandy is trying to vitiate the environment through his irresponsible remarks," he said.
The JD(U) leader said "apology will not do, we demand his arrest without any loss of time for injecting poison in society through his remarks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?