JD(U) leader flays Congress
Patna: Hitting out at Congress for its
decision to distance itself from Lalu Prasad ahead of the
assembly polls in Bihar, ruling Janata Dal(U) today said it
would not negate the impact of its support to successive RJD
government in the past in ruining the state.
The Congress stand was a `political eye wash` with an aim
to seek the votes of anti-Lalu forces in the coming assembly
polls in the state, Bihar JD(U) general secretary-cum-spokesman Sambhu Nath Singh said in a statement.
"Congress wants to play the role of `vote katwa` (vote
catcher), he said.
Continuing his criticism, Sinha said "The Congress cannot
forget the fact that it had extended unconditional support to
RJD governments in Bihar in the past during which the state
witnessed anarchy and economic ruin."
The Congress, he said, was as much guilty as Lalu Prasad
for plunging the state in backwardness and anarchy. The
collusion between the two parties was proved recently when the
UPA government at the Centre did not give permission to CBI to
challenge the disproportionate assets case against Prasad in
spite of the investigative agency`s claim that it had
clinching evidence against him.
Singh, however, claimed that the voters would not be
swayed by the changed `political tactics` of Congress, which
may still tie up with RJD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant