JD(U) leader N K Singh also refuses to contest LS polls
Patna: After senior JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari, bureaucrat-turned politician N K Singh, who has also been denied renomination to Rajya Sabha, on Thursday also refused to contest the Lok Sabha elections.
"I have written to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar mentioning inability to contest the Lok Sabha election from JD(U) because of shortage of time for preparation," Singh told.
"I thanked him for providing me opportunity to serve in the Rajya Sabha and said that preparation for Lok Sabha needs at least six months... Since there is a little time left for the polls it will not be possible for me to contest," he said.
Singh, who was denied a renomination to Rajya Sabha along with Tiwari and Shabir Ali was asked to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Banka constituency.
Singh, a former Planning Commission member, has worked hard to build a new brand name for Bihar.
He has been credited with organising investment conclaves by inviting leading industrialists and foreign dignitaries to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?