JD(U) leader shot dead by Maoists in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoists on Friday shot dead a district JD(U) leader at Bisanpur chowk in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district today sparking protest by locals.
Three armed Maoists came on motorcycle and fired on Bhola Singh from close range and fled, police sources said.
Singh was representative of JD(U) MLA from Sahebganj Raj Kumar Raju in the constituency. He died on the spot.
The killing of Singh has sparked protest by locals, the sources said adding that senior police officials have rushed to the spot, about 25 km from the district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'