JD(U) leader shot dead by Maoists in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoists on Friday shot dead a district JD(U) leader at Bisanpur chowk in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district today sparking protest by locals.
Three armed Maoists came on motorcycle and fired on Bhola Singh from close range and fled, police sources said.
Singh was representative of JD(U) MLA from Sahebganj Raj Kumar Raju in the constituency. He died on the spot.
The killing of Singh has sparked protest by locals, the sources said adding that senior police officials have rushed to the spot, about 25 km from the district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'