JD(U) leader shot dead by Maoists in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoists on Friday shot dead a district JD(U) leader at Bisanpur chowk in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district today sparking protest by locals.
Three armed Maoists came on motorcycle and fired on Bhola Singh from close range and fled, police sources said.
Singh was representative of JD(U) MLA from Sahebganj Raj Kumar Raju in the constituency. He died on the spot.
The killing of Singh has sparked protest by locals, the sources said adding that senior police officials have rushed to the spot, about 25 km from the district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read