JD(U) leader shot dead by Maoists in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoists on Friday shot dead a district JD(U) leader at Bisanpur chowk in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district today sparking protest by locals.
Three armed Maoists came on motorcycle and fired on Bhola Singh from close range and fled, police sources said.
Singh was representative of JD(U) MLA from Sahebganj Raj Kumar Raju in the constituency. He died on the spot.
The killing of Singh has sparked protest by locals, the sources said adding that senior police officials have rushed to the spot, about 25 km from the district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman