JD(U) leader Tiwari loses cool over question on Modi as PM
Patna: JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari on Saturday lost his temper after reporters persistently asked him for his reaction to the possibility of Narendra Modi becoming Prime Ministerial candidate, saying it seemed the media had made the issue "a monkey disease."
"I fail to understand why media is getting restless on this issue (Modi as PM). It is our job to decide as to who will be the PM candidate...Media has made the matter a monkey disease," said a visibly angry Tiwari, who has on several occasions voiced the party`s strong reservation on Modi`s candidature for the top post.
Tiwari was talking to the media after party leader KC Tyagi filed nomination for the Rajya Sabha seat here. JD(U) president Sharad Yadav who was present when Tyagi filed his nomination, had left the venue when Tiwari spoke to the media.
Tiwari, JD(U) national spokesman and MP, said, "It is well known that BJP is the largest partner of NDA. So the PM candidate will be from it and will be finalised after discussion in the coalition."
BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain, who was with Tiwari, did not respond to the media`s questions on Modi`s candidature for PM post.
On several occasions in the past, rift between NDA partners -- BJP and JD(U) -- has been witnessed on possibility of Narendra Modi as the PM nominee.
The issue generated more heat when senior JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said that the PM candidate from the NDA should have a secular image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly