JD(U) leader Tiwari loses cool over question on Modi as PM
Patna: JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari on Saturday lost his temper after reporters persistently asked him for his reaction to the possibility of Narendra Modi becoming Prime Ministerial candidate, saying it seemed the media had made the issue "a monkey disease."
"I fail to understand why media is getting restless on this issue (Modi as PM). It is our job to decide as to who will be the PM candidate...Media has made the matter a monkey disease," said a visibly angry Tiwari, who has on several occasions voiced the party`s strong reservation on Modi`s candidature for the top post.
Tiwari was talking to the media after party leader KC Tyagi filed nomination for the Rajya Sabha seat here. JD(U) president Sharad Yadav who was present when Tyagi filed his nomination, had left the venue when Tiwari spoke to the media.
Tiwari, JD(U) national spokesman and MP, said, "It is well known that BJP is the largest partner of NDA. So the PM candidate will be from it and will be finalised after discussion in the coalition."
BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain, who was with Tiwari, did not respond to the media`s questions on Modi`s candidature for PM post.
On several occasions in the past, rift between NDA partners -- BJP and JD(U) -- has been witnessed on possibility of Narendra Modi as the PM nominee.
The issue generated more heat when senior JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said that the PM candidate from the NDA should have a secular image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH