JD(U) leader urges Nitish to cancel Modi`s rally in Patna
Patna: A JD(U) leader has urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to cancel BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s proposed rally here on October 27, saying that it will be a "dangerous challenge for the peaceful environment of the state".
"I also request you not to hesitate in arresting Modi if he dares to hold this rally in anyway," the JD(U) youth wing national general secretary Pradeep Yadav said in a letter to the Chief Minister.
Saying that the `Hunkar` rally may pose a serious challenge to the peaceful environment in Bihar, Yadav charged BJP with being "hell bent" on destroying harmony and creating communal tension in the state ever since JD(U) parted ways with NDA.
"The Hunkar rally may pose the most dangerous challenge for Bihar by endangering the prevailing peaceful environment in the state," Yadav said, appealing for an immediate cancellation of the rally.
Copies of the letter were sent to JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav and state unit chief Bashistha Narayan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video