JD(U) MLA accused in liquor trader`s killing
Patna: A day after a liquor trader was killed in Bihar`s Gopalganj district, his family named a legislator of the ruling Janata Dal United (JD-U) as the main accused and lodged a police complaint against him.
Liquor trader Anil Singh was shot dead by unidentified gunmen near Hathua market in Gopalganj on Saturday night. The murder created tension in the town, 150 km from here.
According to the police, Singh`s family named Pappu Pandey, a JD-U legislator from Uchaikot , as the main accused in the killing.
The complaint alleges that Pandey had repeatedly threatened to eliminate Singh.
Singh`s murder provoked local residents into blocking roads and forcing shopkeepers to down their shutters.
Earlier this month two liquor traders were killed in Patna, within four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi