JD(U) MLA accused in liquor trader`s killing
Patna: A day after a liquor trader was killed in Bihar`s Gopalganj district, his family named a legislator of the ruling Janata Dal United (JD-U) as the main accused and lodged a police complaint against him.
Liquor trader Anil Singh was shot dead by unidentified gunmen near Hathua market in Gopalganj on Saturday night. The murder created tension in the town, 150 km from here.
According to the police, Singh`s family named Pappu Pandey, a JD-U legislator from Uchaikot , as the main accused in the killing.
The complaint alleges that Pandey had repeatedly threatened to eliminate Singh.
Singh`s murder provoked local residents into blocking roads and forcing shopkeepers to down their shutters.
Earlier this month two liquor traders were killed in Patna, within four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das