JD(U) MLA accused in liquor trader`s killing
Patna: A day after a liquor trader was killed in Bihar`s Gopalganj district, his family named a legislator of the ruling Janata Dal United (JD-U) as the main accused and lodged a police complaint against him.
Liquor trader Anil Singh was shot dead by unidentified gunmen near Hathua market in Gopalganj on Saturday night. The murder created tension in the town, 150 km from here.
According to the police, Singh`s family named Pappu Pandey, a JD-U legislator from Uchaikot , as the main accused in the killing.
The complaint alleges that Pandey had repeatedly threatened to eliminate Singh.
Singh`s murder provoked local residents into blocking roads and forcing shopkeepers to down their shutters.
Earlier this month two liquor traders were killed in Patna, within four days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!