JD(U) MLA held for model code violation, released on bail
Ara (Bihar): JD(U) MLA Sunil Pandey was on Wednesday arrested for model code violation from Nargada panchayat
under Krishnanagar police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur
district and later released on bail, police said.
Pandey was found moving in a vehicle with Nagarda
panchayat mukhiya candidate Brijesh Bahadur apparently to
canvass support for the latter ahead of tomorrow`s panchayat
polls and was arrested on charges of model code violation,
Superintendent of Police M R Nayak said.
The JD(U) MLA was later bailed out after furnishing a
personal bond, he said.
Besides Pandey, 20 other people were arrested for
model code violation and bailed out later, Nayak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO