JD(U) MLA held for model code violation, released on bail
Ara (Bihar): JD(U) MLA Sunil Pandey was on Wednesday arrested for model code violation from Nargada panchayat
under Krishnanagar police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur
district and later released on bail, police said.
Pandey was found moving in a vehicle with Nagarda
panchayat mukhiya candidate Brijesh Bahadur apparently to
canvass support for the latter ahead of tomorrow`s panchayat
polls and was arrested on charges of model code violation,
Superintendent of Police M R Nayak said.
The JD(U) MLA was later bailed out after furnishing a
personal bond, he said.
Besides Pandey, 20 other people were arrested for
model code violation and bailed out later, Nayak said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview