JD(U) MLA`s anticipatory bail plea rejected
Nawada: A local court Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail application of JD(U) MLA Kaushal Yadav in a case of embezzlement of public money to the tune of Rs 1.07 crore in Bihar`s Nawada district.
District and Sessions Judge R K Tiwari passed the order rejecting Yadav`s anticipatory plea.
The setback to the JD(U) MLA from Govindpur assembly seat came following the rejection of his anticipatory bail by the Supreme Court on two occasions earlier in the same case.
Yadav was among six persons booked in 2006 by the district administration for obtaining tender for sand on fake documents and bank draft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump