JD(U) MLA`s kin among two killed in police encounter
Patna: A JD(U) leader`s relative was among two persons shot dead by police in an encounter on NH-31 in Bihar`s Patna district, police said on Sunday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Raj Kishore Singh said the encounter took place last night when police, acting on a tip off that dacoits were fleeing, chased a vehicle and were fired upon by its passengers.
The police retaliated and shot dead the two persons, one of whom was identified as JD(U) MLA Shyam Bihari Singh`s relative Raju Singh.
Four other occupants of the vehicle managed to escape and the police recovered a dozen weapons and ammunitions from the vehicle, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray