JD(U) MP demands Bihar Minister’s resignation
Patna: A JU(U) MP on Wednesday demanded immediate
resignation of Bihar Excise Minister Jamshed Asraf, accusing
him of tarnishing the image of the party and the government by
hinting towards a "multi-crore scam" in his department.
Ruling JD(U) MP Monazir Hussain demanded his immediate
resignation from the state cabinet, saying "Asraf has not only
denigrated his post as a minister but has also tarnished the
Nitish Kumar cabinet."
"I seek Asraf`s resignation from Nitish Kumar cabinet,"
he told reporters.
He said the minister did the "dirty work" under the
influence of external forces".
Senior JD(U) MLA Anant Satydrathy too voiced his concern
over the minister`s behaviour and demanded his immediate
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics