JD(U) MP Ram Sunder Das faints on stage at Rajgir
Rajgir: Centenarian JD(U) MP Ram Sundar Das on Tuesday fainted on stage at the party convention in Rajgir and was rushed to a hospital.
Das, who was seated next to JD(U) president Sharad Yadav, was taken ill while Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh was speaking at the JD(U)`s `Chintan Shivir` on the second and concluding day, JD(U) sources said.
Noticing Das`s health condition, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar rose from his seat and called for an ambulance to take the ailing leader to hospital for treatment, sources said.
He was offered sweets by the party workers before being bodily lifted by them to an ambulance on way to a hospital under the Chief Minister`s supervision.
The JD(U) delegates prayed for the well being of the party MP.
The party convention remained suspended for about 15 minutes in the wake of the deterioration of the JD(U) MP`s health.
Das, aged about 100 years, is the Lok Sabha MP from Hajipur and also the Deputy Leader of the JD(U) in the Lok Sabha.
He had defeated the LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan in the 2009 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation