JD(U) MP Ram Sunder Das faints on stage at Rajgir
Rajgir: Centenarian JD(U) MP Ram Sundar Das on Tuesday fainted on stage at the party convention in Rajgir and was rushed to a hospital.
Das, who was seated next to JD(U) president Sharad Yadav, was taken ill while Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh was speaking at the JD(U)`s `Chintan Shivir` on the second and concluding day, JD(U) sources said.
Noticing Das`s health condition, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar rose from his seat and called for an ambulance to take the ailing leader to hospital for treatment, sources said.
He was offered sweets by the party workers before being bodily lifted by them to an ambulance on way to a hospital under the Chief Minister`s supervision.
The JD(U) delegates prayed for the well being of the party MP.
The party convention remained suspended for about 15 minutes in the wake of the deterioration of the JD(U) MP`s health.
Das, aged about 100 years, is the Lok Sabha MP from Hajipur and also the Deputy Leader of the JD(U) in the Lok Sabha.
He had defeated the LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan in the 2009 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites