JD(U) national executive to discuss political situation
Patna: The political situation in the country will be discussed at the national executive meeting of JD(U) scheduled to be held in New Delhi next week, senior party leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
Kumar also announced that the present party president Sharad Yadav will continue in his post and the formalities for it will be completed at the national executive.
"We will take stock of the political situation prevailing in the country and related issues at our party`s national executive to be held in New Delhi on April 13-14," he told reporters in reply to a volley of questions about the future of JD(U)`s alliance with BJP, which is under palpable strain.
A number of resolutions, including political ones, would be adopted at the JD(U) national executive. "We will also apprise NDA of our deliberations and opinion on various political issues," he said to repeated questions on his stand that BJP announce its prime ministerial candidate in advance.
Pressed for comments on demands by some BJP leaders that Advani lead NDA yet again in the next general elections, he said the BJP patriarch was a respected leader and he would not like to say much as it may be seen as influencing the affairs of another party.
Asked about the likelihood of mid-term polls, Kumar said it was his view, which he had articulated in the recent past, that it was Congress which would decide when to go for the elections.
"It is for the Congress to decide if it wants mid-term polls or wants to complete its remaining term ..... Only the senior ruling party at the centre is in any position to decide the timeframe of the next general elections."
Kumar said he was ready for any eventuality but did not want to make any speculation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest