JD(U) national executive to discuss political situation
Patna: The political situation in the country will be discussed at the national executive meeting of JD(U) scheduled to be held in New Delhi next week, senior party leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
Kumar also announced that the present party president Sharad Yadav will continue in his post and the formalities for it will be completed at the national executive.
"We will take stock of the political situation prevailing in the country and related issues at our party`s national executive to be held in New Delhi on April 13-14," he told reporters in reply to a volley of questions about the future of JD(U)`s alliance with BJP, which is under palpable strain.
A number of resolutions, including political ones, would be adopted at the JD(U) national executive. "We will also apprise NDA of our deliberations and opinion on various political issues," he said to repeated questions on his stand that BJP announce its prime ministerial candidate in advance.
Pressed for comments on demands by some BJP leaders that Advani lead NDA yet again in the next general elections, he said the BJP patriarch was a respected leader and he would not like to say much as it may be seen as influencing the affairs of another party.
Asked about the likelihood of mid-term polls, Kumar said it was his view, which he had articulated in the recent past, that it was Congress which would decide when to go for the elections.
"It is for the Congress to decide if it wants mid-term polls or wants to complete its remaining term ..... Only the senior ruling party at the centre is in any position to decide the timeframe of the next general elections."
Kumar said he was ready for any eventuality but did not want to make any speculation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28