JD(U) rebels vow to continue with their protest
Patna: Though they failed in their efforts to defeat the official JD(U) candidates in Rajya Sabha bypoll, dissident JD(U) MLAs today decided to continue with their protests and would continue to expose the wrongdoings of government in assembly.
A day after election to the two RS seats, 19 JD(U) rebels met at the residence of Gyanendra Singh Gyanu today to chalk out future course of action.
Gyanu, MLA from Barh in Patna district, who is leading the dissidents, told PTI that "we are not demoralised by failing to ensure victory of our candidates in the voting yesterday."
The two unsuccessful Independent candidates fielded by rebels - real estate baron Anil Sharma and Sabir Ali also attended the meeting to express solidarity.
Gyanu said the meeting decided to continue with their protest against "highhandedness" of former Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"We will go to the people`s court and expose wrongdoings of the party and government on emerging issues during assembly session," Gyanu said.
Altogether 19 JD(U) MLAs defied party direction and voted against official candidates--diplomat-turned politician Pawan Varma and Gulam Rasool Balyawi--along side BJP and three Independents.
The dissidents up in arm against the party leadership eversince induction of 14 ministers in Jitan Ram Manjhi-led ministry on May 20 forced Nitish Kumar to shake hands with Lalu Prasad to see party candidates through in the crucial bypoll for the two RS seats.
Besides, Gyanu, rebels include Poonam Devi, Ajit Kumar, Anil Kumar, Ravindra Rai, Amla Devi, Sujata Devi and Rahul Sharma among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth