JD(U) recommends membership termination of another rebel MLA
Patna: The ruling JD(U) today recommended termination of membership of one more party dissident for continued anti-party activities.
Party chief whip Shrawan Kumar wrote a letter to Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary for termination of the membership of Ajit Kumar.
Ajit Kumar is member of the Legislative Assembly from Kanti in Muzaffarpur district and has served as a minister in the Nitish Kumar cabinet from 2005 to 2010.
He is the fifth rebel JD(U) MLA against whom the party has cracked whip and recommended cancellation of membership.
The other four - Gyanendra Singh Gyanu, Ravindra Rai, Neeraj Singh Babloo and Rahul Kumar - have to reply to the show cause in this regard to the Speaker on July 5.
Confirming about writing the letter to the Speaker to end the membership of Ajit Kumar, Shrawan Kumar, who is also the Parliamentary Affairs minister in the Jitan Ram Manjhi ministry, said Ajit was proposer of both Independent candidates - Anil Sharma and Sabir Ali - in the recently held bye-elections to Rajya Sabha seats.
"This is violation of the Constitution`s 10th schedule relating to anti-defection law," he said justifying the action against Ajit Kumar.
Shrawan Kumar had send a report against 18 JD(U) dissidents to the party leadership for disciplinary action for working in favour of Independents against the party`s official candidates in the Rajya Sabha bypoll.
The dissidents were up in arms against the party since the induction of 14 ministers in the Manjhi ministry on May 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video