JD(U) releases second list of 73 candidates for Bihar polls
Patna: The ruling JD(U) on Thursday released a
second list of 73 candidates for the Assembly elections in
Bihar retaining most of its sitting MLAs, including state
Assembly Speaker Udai Narain Choudhary.
With this, the party has so far declared its candidates
for 127 of the 141 assembly seats, state JD(U) General
Secretary Ravindra Singh said.
Among ministers who have been retained, were Chhedi
Paswan (Mohania), Brishen Patel (Vaishali), Gautam Singh
(Manjhi), Damodar Raut (Jhajha) and Jitan Ram Manjhi
Assembly speaker Choudhary would seek re-election from
Imamganj in Gaya district, Singh said.
Praveen Amanullah, wife of senior IAS officer Afzal
Amanullah, would contest from Sahebpur Kamal.
Ajay Pratap Singh, son of senior state minister Narendra
Singh, would be the party nominee from Jamui.
Senior Congress leader Gajanand Sahi alias Munna Sahi who
switched over to the party a year ago, has been rewarded with
a ticket from Barbigha.
The party had yesterday declared the names of 54
candidates for the first and second phase of the elections.
The party also allotted symbols to 12 women candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1
- 'Corporate governance reforms to promote sustainability'