JD(U)-RJD alliance for a purpose: Sharad Yadav
Patna: JD(U) President Sharad Yadav on Monday justified his party`s alliance with Lalu Prasad`s RJD for the assembly by-poll in Bihar after two decades saying it has nothing to do with individuals but has been forged for the sake of people to safeguard them from divisive forces.
"The alliance is for the sake of people to safeguard them from divisive forces represented by BJP and RSS," he said.
It is a `long fight` against elements out to `destroy` the secular fabrics of the country, the JD(U) president said.
He, however, evaded a direct reply as to who will be the leader of the alliance if the tie-up between JD(U), RJD and Congress continued in the assembly election in the state next year.
"Do not worry it will be decided when the time comes," he told reporters at Patna Airport.
"I myself am the leader of the leaders," was his enigmatic reply when pressed on whether Lalu Prasad or Nitish Kumar would be the leader of the alliance.
On RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s remarks that India is a Hindu nation and Hindutva is its identity, Yadav said it was against such thoughts and beliefs that JD(U) had separated from BJP.
Yadav arrived here from Delhi today to campaign for the alliance candidates in the August 21 bypoll to 10 seats, which is being considered as the precursor to the Bihar assembly election next year.
He would be addressing a rally at Hajipur, Lok Sabha constituency of LJP chief and Union minister Ramvilas Paswan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?