JD(U) rule in Bihar to end soon: BJP
Jamshedpur: Predicting early Assembly elections in Bihar, BJP on Sunday said the Nitish Kumar government will not be able to complete its full term.
"Keeping in the mind the prevailing political situation in Bihar, I am confident that the Nitish Kumar-led government will not complete its full term and the Assembly election is a possibility soon after the general elections," Deputy Speaker of Bihar Assembly Amarendra Pratap Singh, told reporters here.
Alleging that "jungle raj" was prevailing in Bihar after the break up of the BJP-JD(U) alliance in June, Singh accused the Chief Minister of betraying BJP.
Singh, a four-time BJP MLA from Bhojpur, said law and order situation had deteriorated in the last five months and "jungle raj" had returned to the state after JD(U) snapped ties with the BJP.
Addressing a press conference here, Singh claimed that during the erstwhile coalition government Bihar was moving on the fast track of development and people from all section of the society in the country as well as overseas had started appreciating the development initiatives.
However, the development work came to a grinding halt after June, Singh said, adding a strong wave was sweeping the state in favour of BJP.
JD(U)`s decision to snap ties with the BJP has angered the people of Bihar and they are waiting for an appropriate opportunity to repay Kumar in the same coin, he said referring to BJP`s prospects in the coming Lok Sabha elections.
The situation has turned so bad for Kumar that he was now feeling insecure even to contest from his Assembly seat in Nalanda district, Singh claimed.
Referring to the JD(U)-BJP split, he said BJP leadership was under tremendous pressure from party workers to pull out of the government headed by Kumar after it had returned the Rs five crore cheque handed by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for families affected in the devastating 2008 Kosi floods.
At that time, we had accepted the insult meted out to us and continued in the government in the larger interest of the state, Singh said, adding the people of Bihar had taken it seriously and they have decided to vote BJP to power.
Being a national party, BJP has never betrayed its allies, but was betrayed by others, he rued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'