JD(U) signature campaign till June 10 now
Patna: The JD(U) has extended the
deadline of its campaign to collect one crore signatures
demanding special status to Bihar till June 10.
The party had earlier decided to complete the campaign
by May 10, but due to panchayat polls in the state, the
deadline has been extended till June 10, State unit president
Vashistha Narayan Singh told reporters here on Wednesday.
The party took the decision at a meeting of the
district unit presidents and district in-charges, Singh said.
A memorandum annexed with signatures of one crore
people will be submitted to President Pratibha Patil in the
last week of June, he said.
Singh claimed widespread support to his party`s
signature campaign on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani