JD(U) signature campaign till June 10 now
Patna: The JD(U) has extended the
deadline of its campaign to collect one crore signatures
demanding special status to Bihar till June 10.
The party had earlier decided to complete the campaign
by May 10, but due to panchayat polls in the state, the
deadline has been extended till June 10, State unit president
Vashistha Narayan Singh told reporters here on Wednesday.
The party took the decision at a meeting of the
district unit presidents and district in-charges, Singh said.
A memorandum annexed with signatures of one crore
people will be submitted to President Pratibha Patil in the
last week of June, he said.
Singh claimed widespread support to his party`s
signature campaign on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'