JD(U) signature campaign till June 10 now
Patna: The JD(U) has extended the
deadline of its campaign to collect one crore signatures
demanding special status to Bihar till June 10.
The party had earlier decided to complete the campaign
by May 10, but due to panchayat polls in the state, the
deadline has been extended till June 10, State unit president
Vashistha Narayan Singh told reporters here on Wednesday.
The party took the decision at a meeting of the
district unit presidents and district in-charges, Singh said.
A memorandum annexed with signatures of one crore
people will be submitted to President Pratibha Patil in the
last week of June, he said.
Singh claimed widespread support to his party`s
signature campaign on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!