JD(U) to declare LS candidates list in 2-3 days: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said that names of party candidates for Lok Sabha elections would be announced in 2-3 days after consultation with JD(U) president Sharad Yadav.
"Sharad Yadav has come to Patna. After consultation with him, names of party candidates will be declared in 2-3 days before the Holi festival," Kumar told reporters after swearing-in ceremony of newly inducted minister Lessi Singh at the Raj Bhawan.
The BJP, on the other hand, is expected to announce its candidates for Bihar tomorrow.
As per reports, JD(U) has decided to leave Begusarai and Banka seats for its ally CPI while at Ujiyarpur in Samastipur it would have a friendly fight with the CPI-M.
Asked about reports of Sharad Yadav asking to shift his constituency to Nalanda from Madhepura, Kumar, who is the driving force of the party, did not reply.
Nalanda is the home district of the CM and is considered as a safe seat for his party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth