JD(U) to submit 1.25cr signs for special status
Patna: Ruling JD(U) on Saturday said it would
submit 1.25 crore signatures to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in support of the
demand for special state status to Bihar.
``We have obtained signatures from 1.25 crore people from
rural and urban areas in Bihar during the campaign launched by
party .... We will submit the signatures to the PM in support
of the special status demand,`` state JD(U) president
Bashishtha Narain Singh told reporters.
The party has already sought an appointment with the
prime minister to enable the delegation of the party leaders
to submit the signatures to him.
``We are confident that PM will be giving us time soon
and the signatures have been compiled in a book form,`` Singh
said adding Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would flag off a
delegation to New Delhi tomorrow from the party office here.
The party would organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in
New Delhi on July 13, he said adding ``I am sure that the
Centre will concede the demand of crores of people from Bihar
for ensuring its all-round growth,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!