JD(U) to submit 1.25cr signs for special status
Patna: Ruling JD(U) on Saturday said it would
submit 1.25 crore signatures to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in support of the
demand for special state status to Bihar.
``We have obtained signatures from 1.25 crore people from
rural and urban areas in Bihar during the campaign launched by
party .... We will submit the signatures to the PM in support
of the special status demand,`` state JD(U) president
Bashishtha Narain Singh told reporters.
The party has already sought an appointment with the
prime minister to enable the delegation of the party leaders
to submit the signatures to him.
``We are confident that PM will be giving us time soon
and the signatures have been compiled in a book form,`` Singh
said adding Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would flag off a
delegation to New Delhi tomorrow from the party office here.
The party would organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in
New Delhi on July 13, he said adding ``I am sure that the
Centre will concede the demand of crores of people from Bihar
for ensuring its all-round growth,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends