JD(U) to submit 1.25cr signs for special status
Patna: Ruling JD(U) on Saturday said it would
submit 1.25 crore signatures to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in support of the
demand for special state status to Bihar.
``We have obtained signatures from 1.25 crore people from
rural and urban areas in Bihar during the campaign launched by
party .... We will submit the signatures to the PM in support
of the special status demand,`` state JD(U) president
Bashishtha Narain Singh told reporters.
The party has already sought an appointment with the
prime minister to enable the delegation of the party leaders
to submit the signatures to him.
``We are confident that PM will be giving us time soon
and the signatures have been compiled in a book form,`` Singh
said adding Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would flag off a
delegation to New Delhi tomorrow from the party office here.
The party would organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in
New Delhi on July 13, he said adding ``I am sure that the
Centre will concede the demand of crores of people from Bihar
for ensuring its all-round growth,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred