JD(U) to undertake series of `padayatras` in Bihar
Patna: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) will
undertake a series of `padayatras` in Bihar to gauge the mood
of voters and get first hand knowledge of implementation of
development schemes by the NDA government, a senior party
leader said Sunday.
Charging the Centre with pursuing anti-Bihar policies,
JD(U) state unit president Vijay Kumar Choudhary said the
rallies would be on the lines of `vishwash yatra` undertaken
by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
He said the party had launched a special signature drive
and after obtaining one crore signatures, a memorandum would
be submitted to the Centre demanding special category status
While the CM would undertake the `vishwash yatra` from
the last week of this month, several wings of the party would
also launch `yatras` to educate people about the measures
undertaken by the NDA for the benefit of different sections of
the society, Choudhary said.
He said on the pattern of `Kisan Rath` and `Karpoori
Rath, already launched by the party, the minority cell would
take out an `Aman (peace) Rath` and the women`s cell a
`Swambalam Rath` (self-help).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report