JD(U) to undertake series of `padayatras` in Bihar
Patna: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) will
undertake a series of `padayatras` in Bihar to gauge the mood
of voters and get first hand knowledge of implementation of
development schemes by the NDA government, a senior party
leader said Sunday.
Charging the Centre with pursuing anti-Bihar policies,
JD(U) state unit president Vijay Kumar Choudhary said the
rallies would be on the lines of `vishwash yatra` undertaken
by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
He said the party had launched a special signature drive
and after obtaining one crore signatures, a memorandum would
be submitted to the Centre demanding special category status
While the CM would undertake the `vishwash yatra` from
the last week of this month, several wings of the party would
also launch `yatras` to educate people about the measures
undertaken by the NDA for the benefit of different sections of
the society, Choudhary said.
He said on the pattern of `Kisan Rath` and `Karpoori
Rath, already launched by the party, the minority cell would
take out an `Aman (peace) Rath` and the women`s cell a
`Swambalam Rath` (self-help).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?