JD(U) to undertake series of `padayatras` in Bihar
Patna: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) will
undertake a series of `padayatras` in Bihar to gauge the mood
of voters and get first hand knowledge of implementation of
development schemes by the NDA government, a senior party
leader said Sunday.
Charging the Centre with pursuing anti-Bihar policies,
JD(U) state unit president Vijay Kumar Choudhary said the
rallies would be on the lines of `vishwash yatra` undertaken
by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
He said the party had launched a special signature drive
and after obtaining one crore signatures, a memorandum would
be submitted to the Centre demanding special category status
While the CM would undertake the `vishwash yatra` from
the last week of this month, several wings of the party would
also launch `yatras` to educate people about the measures
undertaken by the NDA for the benefit of different sections of
the society, Choudhary said.
He said on the pattern of `Kisan Rath` and `Karpoori
Rath, already launched by the party, the minority cell would
take out an `Aman (peace) Rath` and the women`s cell a
`Swambalam Rath` (self-help).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read