JD(U) trashes BJP suggestion on Narendra Modi
Patna: With BJP suggesting that JD(U) shed its antipathy towards Narendra Modi to avoid a Maharajganj-like defeat in future, Janata Dal (U) on Friday said there was no need to "outsource" a leader in Bihar.
"People of Bihar have given three-fourth mandate to NDA in Bihar in the name of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his Deputy Sushil Kumar Modi...What is the need to outsource a leader in Bihar," JD(U) spokesman Neeraj Kumar told a news agency.
Kumar was reacting to BJP National General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy`s views that in view of massive defeat in Maharajganj by-poll, Modi was required by his party and ally JD(U) to improve prospects in the general elections in Bihar and elsewhere in the country.
On BJP likely to declare Modi as poll campaign committee chief at Goa, the JD(U) spokesman said, "It is an internal matter of BJP."
Bihar JD(U) president Bashist Narayan Singh was also unimpressed by the advice and said, "BJP and JD(U) are two different parties who have come together to run a government in Bihar on the basis of certain agreed issues."
"By losing one by-poll have, we become insignificant?" he asked.
The Bihar JD(U) President said that his party stood by what it decided at the conclave in Delhi on issues like prime ministerial candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mayawati justifies counter abuse, says Dayashankar's wife, daughter paying for being silent on 'prostitute' comment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018