JD(U) worker lynched in Bihar
Gaya: A JD(U) worker was lynched by unidentified assailants near a market in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Wednesday.
Sumirath Yadav, the JD(U)`s district office in-charge, was riding a bicycle on way to his village Dharmdigha last night when the assailants pounced on him near Bathani market and beat him with sticks injuring him fatally, Superintendent of Police (SP) Akhtar Hussain said.
Yadav was taken to a Primary Health Centre (PHC) where the attending doctors referred him to the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, he said.
The slain JD(U) worker`s family members have lodged a complaint with the police charging the former MLA Rajendra Prasad and his aides with the murder of Yadav, Hussain said.
An investigation was on to ascertain the motive behind the murder of the JD(U) worker, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people