JD(U) worker lynched in Bihar
Gaya: A JD(U) worker was lynched by unidentified assailants near a market in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Wednesday.
Sumirath Yadav, the JD(U)`s district office in-charge, was riding a bicycle on way to his village Dharmdigha last night when the assailants pounced on him near Bathani market and beat him with sticks injuring him fatally, Superintendent of Police (SP) Akhtar Hussain said.
Yadav was taken to a Primary Health Centre (PHC) where the attending doctors referred him to the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, he said.
The slain JD(U) worker`s family members have lodged a complaint with the police charging the former MLA Rajendra Prasad and his aides with the murder of Yadav, Hussain said.
An investigation was on to ascertain the motive behind the murder of the JD(U) worker, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr