JD(U) worker lynched in Bihar
Gaya: A JD(U) worker was lynched by unidentified assailants near a market in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Wednesday.
Sumirath Yadav, the JD(U)`s district office in-charge, was riding a bicycle on way to his village Dharmdigha last night when the assailants pounced on him near Bathani market and beat him with sticks injuring him fatally, Superintendent of Police (SP) Akhtar Hussain said.
Yadav was taken to a Primary Health Centre (PHC) where the attending doctors referred him to the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, he said.
The slain JD(U) worker`s family members have lodged a complaint with the police charging the former MLA Rajendra Prasad and his aides with the murder of Yadav, Hussain said.
An investigation was on to ascertain the motive behind the murder of the JD(U) worker, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP