JD(U) worker lynched in Bihar
Gaya: A JD(U) worker was lynched by unidentified assailants near a market in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Wednesday.
Sumirath Yadav, the JD(U)`s district office in-charge, was riding a bicycle on way to his village Dharmdigha last night when the assailants pounced on him near Bathani market and beat him with sticks injuring him fatally, Superintendent of Police (SP) Akhtar Hussain said.
Yadav was taken to a Primary Health Centre (PHC) where the attending doctors referred him to the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, he said.
The slain JD(U) worker`s family members have lodged a complaint with the police charging the former MLA Rajendra Prasad and his aides with the murder of Yadav, Hussain said.
An investigation was on to ascertain the motive behind the murder of the JD(U) worker, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post