JD(U) worker lynched in Bihar
Gaya: A JD(U) worker was lynched by unidentified assailants near a market in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Wednesday.
Sumirath Yadav, the JD(U)`s district office in-charge, was riding a bicycle on way to his village Dharmdigha last night when the assailants pounced on him near Bathani market and beat him with sticks injuring him fatally, Superintendent of Police (SP) Akhtar Hussain said.
Yadav was taken to a Primary Health Centre (PHC) where the attending doctors referred him to the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, he said.
The slain JD(U) worker`s family members have lodged a complaint with the police charging the former MLA Rajendra Prasad and his aides with the murder of Yadav, Hussain said.
An investigation was on to ascertain the motive behind the murder of the JD(U) worker, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16