JD(U)`s snapping of ties won`t affect BJP`s poll prospects: Shatrughan Sinha
Jamshedpur: JD(U)`s snapping of ties with BJP will not have any impact on the prospect of the saffron party in the Lok Sabha elections, actor-turned-politician Shatrughan Sinha said on Monday.
Sinha, who along with senior BJP leader and former Union Minister Yashwant Sinha was in the city to take part in a function organised by Jamshedpur Citizen Forum, told newsmen that though the situation seemed to be in favour of JD(U) initially after separation, the BJP is in an advantageous position politically.
In fact, JD(U)`s breaking away from BJP has allowed the latter enough space to breathe and take decision on its own, Sinha said while addressing a press conference here.
The reasons brought forth by JD(U) to snap ties with BJP was only an excuse, he said, adding that the recent development in Bihar will not have any impact on BJP`s poll prospect.
BJP was pained at the development but the party has gained as this has not only allowed the party enough space to breathe and take decision freely but also united party workers in Bihar, Sinha said.
When his reaction was sought to projection of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Sinha reiterated that Yashwant Sinha was also capable and efficient for the post.
However, he hastened to add that it was his personal view and the party has not made any announcement on its prime ministerial hopeful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information