Jharkhand: Girl stabbed to death for making noise
Ranchi: A man killed a six-year-old girl and slit the throat of another child for being `noisy` in a school campus in Jharkhand, police said Friday.
Furious at the school children for making constant noise, 35-year-old Madan Gope stabbed Jasmi Murmu and slit the throat of Shivanath Diggi (10) in the campus of Diggilota primary school in West Singhbhum district, 190 km from here, Thursday.
While Murmu died on the spot, Diggi has been hospitalised for treatment, a police official said.
The villagers caught the man and thrashed him brutally before he was handed over to police. The lone teacher of the school was absent when the tragic incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir