Jharkhand: Girl stabbed to death for making noise
Ranchi: A man killed a six-year-old girl and slit the throat of another child for being `noisy` in a school campus in Jharkhand, police said Friday.
Furious at the school children for making constant noise, 35-year-old Madan Gope stabbed Jasmi Murmu and slit the throat of Shivanath Diggi (10) in the campus of Diggilota primary school in West Singhbhum district, 190 km from here, Thursday.
While Murmu died on the spot, Diggi has been hospitalised for treatment, a police official said.
The villagers caught the man and thrashed him brutally before he was handed over to police. The lone teacher of the school was absent when the tragic incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit