Jharkhand: Girl stabbed to death for making noise
Ranchi: A man killed a six-year-old girl and slit the throat of another child for being `noisy` in a school campus in Jharkhand, police said Friday.
Furious at the school children for making constant noise, 35-year-old Madan Gope stabbed Jasmi Murmu and slit the throat of Shivanath Diggi (10) in the campus of Diggilota primary school in West Singhbhum district, 190 km from here, Thursday.
While Murmu died on the spot, Diggi has been hospitalised for treatment, a police official said.
The villagers caught the man and thrashed him brutally before he was handed over to police. The lone teacher of the school was absent when the tragic incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees