Jharkhand: Girl stabbed to death for making noise
Ranchi: A man killed a six-year-old girl and slit the throat of another child for being `noisy` in a school campus in Jharkhand, police said Friday.
Furious at the school children for making constant noise, 35-year-old Madan Gope stabbed Jasmi Murmu and slit the throat of Shivanath Diggi (10) in the campus of Diggilota primary school in West Singhbhum district, 190 km from here, Thursday.
While Murmu died on the spot, Diggi has been hospitalised for treatment, a police official said.
The villagers caught the man and thrashed him brutally before he was handed over to police. The lone teacher of the school was absent when the tragic incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed