JMM Legislature Party merges with ruling JD(U)
Patna: The one-member JMM Legislature
Party on Thursday merged with the ruling JD(U), raising the latter`s
tally in the Bihar assembly to 115.
Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary said in the Assembly
that the JMM Legislaure Party had formally merged with the
JD(U) and recognised Sumit Kumar Singh as a member of the
ruling party in the house.
Sumit Kumar Singh, who had won from Chakai Assembly
seat in November 2010 on JMM ticket, is son of the state
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh.
With this ruling, JD(U) has now now 115 member in the
state assembly, while the BJP has 91 MLAs.
Earlier, ruling JD(U) has 114 members in the state
assembly, one short of its original tally of 115, following
the demise of its MLA Jagmato Devi from Daraunda assembly
constituency in Bihar on June 29, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly