`Jungle Raj-2` fast gripping Bihar: BJP
Patna: Expressing concern over spate in incidents of dacoity in running trains in recent months in Bihar, BJP on Monday alleged that the `Jungle Raj-2` was rapidly gripping the state, referring to the alliance between RJD and JD(U).
At least six incidents of dacoity have taken place in running trains in Bihar in past one-and-a-half month with the latest one taking place in Hatia-bound Maurya Express two days ago indicated to `Jungle Raj-2` gripping the state rapidly, Former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi said in a statement.
"The indiscriminate manner in which the armed robbers barged in a coach for women and shot dead two passengers and injured many others has frightened passengers travelling through Bihar," he said.
The passengers feared for life during train journey from Bihar during RJD rule of 15 years and a similar fear has gripped them after onset of `Jungle Raj-2`, he said pointing to the formation of grand alliance of RJD and JD(U) in Bihar.
Describing dacoity in Maurya Express as a serious law and order problem, he sought stern action against those policemen escorting the train as well as Rs 10 lakh compensation to the kins of each victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29