`Jungle Raj-2` fast gripping Bihar: BJP
Patna: Expressing concern over spate in incidents of dacoity in running trains in recent months in Bihar, BJP on Monday alleged that the `Jungle Raj-2` was rapidly gripping the state, referring to the alliance between RJD and JD(U).
At least six incidents of dacoity have taken place in running trains in Bihar in past one-and-a-half month with the latest one taking place in Hatia-bound Maurya Express two days ago indicated to `Jungle Raj-2` gripping the state rapidly, Former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi said in a statement.
"The indiscriminate manner in which the armed robbers barged in a coach for women and shot dead two passengers and injured many others has frightened passengers travelling through Bihar," he said.
The passengers feared for life during train journey from Bihar during RJD rule of 15 years and a similar fear has gripped them after onset of `Jungle Raj-2`, he said pointing to the formation of grand alliance of RJD and JD(U) in Bihar.
Describing dacoity in Maurya Express as a serious law and order problem, he sought stern action against those policemen escorting the train as well as Rs 10 lakh compensation to the kins of each victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM