Junior Doctors of DMCH on indefinite strike
Darbhanga: Around 450 junior doctors of the
Darbhanga Medical College Hospital (DMCH) here today proceeded
on an indefinite strike from this morning to press for their
demand for hike in monthly stipends, DMCH sources said.
The junior doctors proceeded on the strike and have
threatened to obstruct functioning of the hospital in
Darbhanga, the sources said.
Hospital Superintendent Suraj Nayak said the junior
doctors were agitated over the state Health minister`s alleged
They went on strike to press for their demand for hike
monthly stipends and introduction of Senior Residency Scheme.
Nayak, however, claimed that the emergency services
and OPDs of DMCH were normal.
"There is no impact of the strike so far," Nayak
DMCH junior doctors` association office bearer Amit
claimed that their colleagues attempted to obstruct the
functioning of OPDs and emergency. "We will sit together today
to decide the future course of action," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand