Justice Rekha Doshit sworn in as Chief Justice of Patna HC
Patna: Justice Rekha Manharlal Doshit was Monday sworn in as the first woman Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.
Governor D Konwar administered the oath to Justice Doshit, who was earlier a judge at the Gujarat High Court, at a simple function at the Raj Bhavan.
The 58-year-old Justice Doshit, enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council of Gujarat in April 1977.
She was elevated to the bench of the Gujarat High Court as additional Judge in September 1995, and confirmed as permanent Judge in June 1997.
Born on December 13, 1952 at Rajkot, Doshit did her schooling from the Maharashtra Board and B.Sc. from the Bombay University.
Following this, she did her L.LB from Shah Law College, Ahmedabad, in 1976 and subsequently enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council of Gujarat.
She worked as an assistant to government solicitors from June 1985 and as assistant government pleader at Gujarat High Court from January 1989 to May 1994.
She became additional public prosecutor in the same court in March 1991 and continued till May 1994.
She was elevated to the bench of Gujarat High Court as additional judge and later as a permanent judge.
The post of the Chief Justice of the Patna High Court fell vacant after Justice Dipak Misra took over as the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court recently.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, besides ministers and top state officials attended the swearing-in ceremony
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH