Justice Rekha Doshit sworn in as Chief Justice of Patna HC
Patna: Justice Rekha Manharlal Doshit was Monday sworn in as the first woman Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.
Governor D Konwar administered the oath to Justice Doshit, who was earlier a judge at the Gujarat High Court, at a simple function at the Raj Bhavan.
The 58-year-old Justice Doshit, enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council of Gujarat in April 1977.
She was elevated to the bench of the Gujarat High Court as additional Judge in September 1995, and confirmed as permanent Judge in June 1997.
Born on December 13, 1952 at Rajkot, Doshit did her schooling from the Maharashtra Board and B.Sc. from the Bombay University.
Following this, she did her L.LB from Shah Law College, Ahmedabad, in 1976 and subsequently enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council of Gujarat.
She worked as an assistant to government solicitors from June 1985 and as assistant government pleader at Gujarat High Court from January 1989 to May 1994.
She became additional public prosecutor in the same court in March 1991 and continued till May 1994.
She was elevated to the bench of Gujarat High Court as additional judge and later as a permanent judge.
The post of the Chief Justice of the Patna High Court fell vacant after Justice Dipak Misra took over as the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court recently.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, besides ministers and top state officials attended the swearing-in ceremony
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened