Katju remark absolutely true: CPI(ML)
Patna: CPI(ML) Bihar state secretary
Nand Kishore Prasad on Saturday described as `absolutely true` Press
Council of India chairman Justice Markandey Katju`s recent
comment on press freedom in Bihar.
"Katju`s remarks on freedom of press under attack in
Bihar is absolutely near truth", Prasad said here in a press
The media is passing through the "most bad phase" in
Bihar under Nitish Kumar`s rule, he claimed.
The policy on advertisements adopted by the Nitish
Kumar government had adversely affected freedom of expression
as media houses have been `compelled to bow down before the
government which is most dangerous for democracy`, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth