Katju remark absolutely true: CPI(ML)
Patna: CPI(ML) Bihar state secretary
Nand Kishore Prasad on Saturday described as `absolutely true` Press
Council of India chairman Justice Markandey Katju`s recent
comment on press freedom in Bihar.
"Katju`s remarks on freedom of press under attack in
Bihar is absolutely near truth", Prasad said here in a press
The media is passing through the "most bad phase" in
Bihar under Nitish Kumar`s rule, he claimed.
The policy on advertisements adopted by the Nitish
Kumar government had adversely affected freedom of expression
as media houses have been `compelled to bow down before the
government which is most dangerous for democracy`, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'