Katju remark absolutely true: CPI(ML)
Patna: CPI(ML) Bihar state secretary
Nand Kishore Prasad on Saturday described as `absolutely true` Press
Council of India chairman Justice Markandey Katju`s recent
comment on press freedom in Bihar.
"Katju`s remarks on freedom of press under attack in
Bihar is absolutely near truth", Prasad said here in a press
The media is passing through the "most bad phase" in
Bihar under Nitish Kumar`s rule, he claimed.
The policy on advertisements adopted by the Nitish
Kumar government had adversely affected freedom of expression
as media houses have been `compelled to bow down before the
government which is most dangerous for democracy`, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends