Keshri murder: Rupam Pathak sentenced to life
Patna: School teacher Rupam Pathak, convicted of killing BJP MLA Rajkishore Keshri in Bihar`s Purnia town last year, was sentenced to life imprisonment by a special court on Tuesday.
Pathak had stabbed Keshri to death on January 4, 2011.
Soon after the murder of Keshri, the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had recommended a CBI probe into the killing.
CBI had on April 2, 2011 filed the charge sheet against Pathak under Indian Penal Code`s section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder carrying a maximum punishment of life imprisonment).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?