Keshri murder: Rupam Pathak sentenced to life
Patna: School teacher Rupam Pathak, convicted of killing BJP MLA Rajkishore Keshri in Bihar`s Purnia town last year, was sentenced to life imprisonment by a special court on Tuesday.
Pathak had stabbed Keshri to death on January 4, 2011.
Soon after the murder of Keshri, the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had recommended a CBI probe into the killing.
CBI had on April 2, 2011 filed the charge sheet against Pathak under Indian Penal Code`s section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder carrying a maximum punishment of life imprisonment).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried