Keshri murder: Rupam Pathak sentenced to life
Patna: School teacher Rupam Pathak, convicted of killing BJP MLA Rajkishore Keshri in Bihar`s Purnia town last year, was sentenced to life imprisonment by a special court on Tuesday.
Pathak had stabbed Keshri to death on January 4, 2011.
Soon after the murder of Keshri, the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had recommended a CBI probe into the killing.
CBI had on April 2, 2011 filed the charge sheet against Pathak under Indian Penal Code`s section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder carrying a maximum punishment of life imprisonment).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL