"Khagaria bandh" passes off peacefully
Khagaria (Bihar): The dawn-to-dusk "Khagaria
bandh" called by RJD-LJP front and Yuva Shakti of former MP
Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav on Saturday to protest the killing
of 16 people at Amosi Bharen village by suspected Maoists
passed off peacefully, evoking mixed response.
"There was no report of any untoward incident anywhere in
the district," Superintendent of Police I N Mishra said.
Mishra said most shops and business establishments in
Khagaria town remained closed and vehicular traffic plied in
Tight security arrangements were in place for the bandh.
he said, adding five bandh supporters were arrested for trying
to enforce the call.
The bandh was called to protest against Thursday`s
killing of 16 people by suspected naxalites at Amosi Bharen
village in Khagaria district.
RJD-LJP front demanded immediate resignation of Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar in the wake of alleged rise in incidents
of murder, loot and kidnapping for ransom. The bandh was also
called to pressure the administration to immediately arrest
the killers and provide compensation of Rs 10 lakh to
dependents of each of 16 deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH