Khagaria boat tragedy, a handiwork of Naxals: Lalu
Patna: The boat capsize in Bihar`s Khagaria district that claimed 61 lives was the handiwork of Naxals, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said Friday.
"Naxalites were involved in the carnage," Lalu told reporters here.
Claiming that there is "complete anarchy" and "chaos" in Bihar, the RJD supremo said, "The incidence is another example of breakdown of law and order in the state under the NDA rule".
He slammed Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for allegedly avoiding a visit to the tragedy site and said, "people of the state have geared up to give a farewell to the Nitish Kumar
Lalu said that a fact-finding team led by LJP President Ramvilas Paswan was on its way to Amosi Bharen village.
He also demanded that the state government pay an ex-gratia of Rs ten lakh to the next of kin of each victim.
The boat carrying 100 passengers had capsized in Bagmati river in Khagaria district on Monday. The passengers were returning to their homes after attending a fair on Vijaya
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla