Khagaria boat tragedy, a handiwork of Naxals: Lalu
Patna: The boat capsize in Bihar`s Khagaria district that claimed 61 lives was the handiwork of Naxals, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said Friday.
"Naxalites were involved in the carnage," Lalu told reporters here.
Claiming that there is "complete anarchy" and "chaos" in Bihar, the RJD supremo said, "The incidence is another example of breakdown of law and order in the state under the NDA rule".
He slammed Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for allegedly avoiding a visit to the tragedy site and said, "people of the state have geared up to give a farewell to the Nitish Kumar
Lalu said that a fact-finding team led by LJP President Ramvilas Paswan was on its way to Amosi Bharen village.
He also demanded that the state government pay an ex-gratia of Rs ten lakh to the next of kin of each victim.
The boat carrying 100 passengers had capsized in Bagmati river in Khagaria district on Monday. The passengers were returning to their homes after attending a fair on Vijaya
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...