Khagaria boat tragedy, a handiwork of Naxals: Lalu
Patna: The boat capsize in Bihar`s Khagaria district that claimed 61 lives was the handiwork of Naxals, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said Friday.
"Naxalites were involved in the carnage," Lalu told reporters here.
Claiming that there is "complete anarchy" and "chaos" in Bihar, the RJD supremo said, "The incidence is another example of breakdown of law and order in the state under the NDA rule".
He slammed Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for allegedly avoiding a visit to the tragedy site and said, "people of the state have geared up to give a farewell to the Nitish Kumar
Lalu said that a fact-finding team led by LJP President Ramvilas Paswan was on its way to Amosi Bharen village.
He also demanded that the state government pay an ex-gratia of Rs ten lakh to the next of kin of each victim.
The boat carrying 100 passengers had capsized in Bagmati river in Khagaria district on Monday. The passengers were returning to their homes after attending a fair on Vijaya
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'