Khagaria boat tragedy, a handiwork of Naxals: Lalu
Patna: The boat capsize in Bihar`s Khagaria district that claimed 61 lives was the handiwork of Naxals, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said Friday.
"Naxalites were involved in the carnage," Lalu told reporters here.
Claiming that there is "complete anarchy" and "chaos" in Bihar, the RJD supremo said, "The incidence is another example of breakdown of law and order in the state under the NDA rule".
He slammed Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for allegedly avoiding a visit to the tragedy site and said, "people of the state have geared up to give a farewell to the Nitish Kumar
Lalu said that a fact-finding team led by LJP President Ramvilas Paswan was on its way to Amosi Bharen village.
He also demanded that the state government pay an ex-gratia of Rs ten lakh to the next of kin of each victim.
The boat carrying 100 passengers had capsized in Bagmati river in Khagaria district on Monday. The passengers were returning to their homes after attending a fair on Vijaya
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list