Khagaria carnage: Bihar CM suspends Khagaria SP, SDPO
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Sunday suspended Superintendent of Police and Sub-Divisional
Police Officer in conection with Khagaria carnage, in which 16
people were killed by suspected Maoists in Amosi Bharen
village three days ago.
"The Chief Minister has taken strong exception to the
massacre and suspended Khagaria SP Indranand Mishra and SDPO
Ajay Kumar Pandey. They have been charged with dereliction of
duty, serious lapses and failure to reach the spot immediately
after the incident," Additional Director General (Headquaters)
Neelmani told a news agency.
The decision to suspend the officials was taken late
last night but the notification was issued today, the ADG
Additional SP of Aurangabad Anusuiya Ramsingh has been
asked to take over the charge of Khagaria SP while Nalanda
Deputy Superintendent of Police Manoj Kumar Tiwary as the SDPO
with immediate effect.
In a late Thursday night attack, heavily-armed
suspected Maoists swooped down on Amosi Bharen village in
Bihar`s Khagaria district and shot dead 16 villagers, mostly
teenagers, after tying their hands and feet.
Neelmani said 15 people, including the alleged
mastermind of the carnage O P Shah alias O P Mahto, have been
arrested while 10 more have been detained by the police in
Police has registered a named FIR against 37 people,
Terming the arrest of Shah as a major breakthrough,
the ADG said that personnel of Special Task Force (STF), Bihar
Military Police and Special Auxilliary Police had carried out
search and combing operation in the riverine area of Saharsa,
Khagaria and Naugahchia for the thrid consecutive day.
"Though the incident appeared to be a case of
prolonged dispute over a piece of land, but the involvement of
Maoists were also being probed," Neelmani said, adding also
the political conspiracy angle was being investigated by the
Inspector General (Operations), S K Bhardwaj and IG (Bhagalpur
zone) A R Kinni, who are camping at the village.
Meanwhile, holding the NDA government responsible for
the carnage, opposition parties RJD, LJP, Left parties and
Congress has demanding Nitish Kumar`s resignation owing the
moral responsibility for his failure to reign in spiralling
crime graph in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre