Khagaria massacre main accuse arrested from Haryana
Patna: The Bihar police on Tuesday arrested the main accused in the massacre which took place in Khagaria district in 2009 in which 16 persons were killed from Jhajhar in Haryana, a top police officer said.
Manoj Sada and another person Sanjay Sada were arrested by Special Task Force from a place under Beri police station of Jhajhar district of Haryana this morning, Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar told a news agency.
Manoj Sada of village Pirpanti under Alauli police station of Khagaria district is the main accused in 2009 massacre in which 16 persons were killed, he said.
Along with him another person Sanjay Sada involved in many heinous crime has also been arrested, he said.
The Bihar police will bring them here after acquiring transit remand from the Haryana court, the IGP said.
Manoj Sada has been a prize catch as he had been eluding police for last four years after committing the crime, Kumar added.
Heavily-armed suspected Maoists had swooped down on Amosi Bharen village in Bihar`s Khagaria district in 2009 sand shot dead 16 villagers, mostly teenagers, after tying their hands and feet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city