Kidnapped BDO released by Maoists
Sheohar: Block Development Officer (BDO) of
Tariyani in Sheohar district, Manoj Singh was today released
by the Maoists, a top district police officer said.
Singh was freed by the ultras at an isolated place near
Turkey village on NH-30 in Muzaffarpur district this evening,
District Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinod Kumar said.
The BDO was hale and hearty, he added.
Singh was kidnapped by armed Maoists from Ladhoura
village in the district yesterday where he had gone to
supervise preparation of election photo identity card.
Taking advantage of the absence of escort with him,
Maoists had pulled the BDO out of his vehicle and took him
away on their motorcycles to an undisclosed destination.
The wife and son of the kidnapped BDO had appealed to the
Maoists to release him unharmed and urged Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar to personally intervene in the matter.
"We are like your own ... We request you with folded
hands to release him. We shall be ever obliged," said Lata
Singh, the BDO`s wife to the Maoists with tears in her eyes.
Abhimanyu, his son, had also requested the chief minister
to immediately intervene for the release of his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city