Kidnapped BDO released by Maoists
Sheohar: Block Development Officer (BDO) of
Tariyani in Sheohar district, Manoj Singh was today released
by the Maoists, a top district police officer said.
Singh was freed by the ultras at an isolated place near
Turkey village on NH-30 in Muzaffarpur district this evening,
District Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinod Kumar said.
The BDO was hale and hearty, he added.
Singh was kidnapped by armed Maoists from Ladhoura
village in the district yesterday where he had gone to
supervise preparation of election photo identity card.
Taking advantage of the absence of escort with him,
Maoists had pulled the BDO out of his vehicle and took him
away on their motorcycles to an undisclosed destination.
The wife and son of the kidnapped BDO had appealed to the
Maoists to release him unharmed and urged Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar to personally intervene in the matter.
"We are like your own ... We request you with folded
hands to release him. We shall be ever obliged," said Lata
Singh, the BDO`s wife to the Maoists with tears in her eyes.
Abhimanyu, his son, had also requested the chief minister
to immediately intervene for the release of his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Here's how Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are chilling with friends in Madrid – Pic inside
- Any exception in granting membership to NSG will disturb regional stability: Pakistan
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat will be in UK in July – know who all he will meet, what all he will do
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July 2015'
- UN refugee chief urges Pakistanis not to label Afghan refugees 'terrorists'