Kidnapped boy rescued, two held
Patna: A 13-year-old boy, who was kidnapped from a club in the state capital Friday night, was rescued on Saturday from a village under the Town police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur district and two persons have been arrested, police said.
Within 12 hours of the kidnapping of Shivam, son of hotelier Mohan Kumar Khandelwal from Patna Club last night, a special police team formed under supervision of Superintendent of Police (City) Jayant Kant traced the boy at an abandoned godown in Dhanpura village in the neighbouring district and brought him home, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj said.
Two persons, identified as Pradeep Kumar Pathak and Abhishek Singh have been arrested in this connection with a car, two pistols, two magazines and eight ammunition, he said, adding both abductors were natives Bhojpur district.
Abhishek, who claims to be a jawan of the CRPF`s 197th battalion at Chaibasa in Jharkhand, has told cops that the missing driver Girish Pathak and his wife Anamika Pathak had taken employment with the abducted boy`s father as part of a conspiracy to kidnap the latter`s son, Maharaj said.
The abductors had demanded Rs two crore ransom in lieu of the boy`s release, the SSP said, adding raids were on to nab the absconding couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda