Kidnapped boy rescued, two held
Patna: A 13-year-old boy, who was kidnapped from a club in the state capital Friday night, was rescued on Saturday from a village under the Town police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur district and two persons have been arrested, police said.
Within 12 hours of the kidnapping of Shivam, son of hotelier Mohan Kumar Khandelwal from Patna Club last night, a special police team formed under supervision of Superintendent of Police (City) Jayant Kant traced the boy at an abandoned godown in Dhanpura village in the neighbouring district and brought him home, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj said.
Two persons, identified as Pradeep Kumar Pathak and Abhishek Singh have been arrested in this connection with a car, two pistols, two magazines and eight ammunition, he said, adding both abductors were natives Bhojpur district.
Abhishek, who claims to be a jawan of the CRPF`s 197th battalion at Chaibasa in Jharkhand, has told cops that the missing driver Girish Pathak and his wife Anamika Pathak had taken employment with the abducted boy`s father as part of a conspiracy to kidnap the latter`s son, Maharaj said.
The abductors had demanded Rs two crore ransom in lieu of the boy`s release, the SSP said, adding raids were on to nab the absconding couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?