Kidnapped boy rescued, two held
Patna: A 13-year-old boy, who was kidnapped from a club in the state capital Friday night, was rescued on Saturday from a village under the Town police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur district and two persons have been arrested, police said.
Within 12 hours of the kidnapping of Shivam, son of hotelier Mohan Kumar Khandelwal from Patna Club last night, a special police team formed under supervision of Superintendent of Police (City) Jayant Kant traced the boy at an abandoned godown in Dhanpura village in the neighbouring district and brought him home, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj said.
Two persons, identified as Pradeep Kumar Pathak and Abhishek Singh have been arrested in this connection with a car, two pistols, two magazines and eight ammunition, he said, adding both abductors were natives Bhojpur district.
Abhishek, who claims to be a jawan of the CRPF`s 197th battalion at Chaibasa in Jharkhand, has told cops that the missing driver Girish Pathak and his wife Anamika Pathak had taken employment with the abducted boy`s father as part of a conspiracy to kidnap the latter`s son, Maharaj said.
The abductors had demanded Rs two crore ransom in lieu of the boy`s release, the SSP said, adding raids were on to nab the absconding couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional