Kidnapped boy rescued, two held
Patna: A 13-year-old boy, who was kidnapped from a club in the state capital Friday night, was rescued on Saturday from a village under the Town police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur district and two persons have been arrested, police said.
Within 12 hours of the kidnapping of Shivam, son of hotelier Mohan Kumar Khandelwal from Patna Club last night, a special police team formed under supervision of Superintendent of Police (City) Jayant Kant traced the boy at an abandoned godown in Dhanpura village in the neighbouring district and brought him home, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj said.
Two persons, identified as Pradeep Kumar Pathak and Abhishek Singh have been arrested in this connection with a car, two pistols, two magazines and eight ammunition, he said, adding both abductors were natives Bhojpur district.
Abhishek, who claims to be a jawan of the CRPF`s 197th battalion at Chaibasa in Jharkhand, has told cops that the missing driver Girish Pathak and his wife Anamika Pathak had taken employment with the abducted boy`s father as part of a conspiracy to kidnap the latter`s son, Maharaj said.
The abductors had demanded Rs two crore ransom in lieu of the boy`s release, the SSP said, adding raids were on to nab the absconding couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read