Kirti Azad appears before court on arrest warrant
Darbhanga (Bihar): Former Indian
cricketer and BJP MP Kirti Azad on Wednesday appeared before a local
court following an arrest warrant against him in connection
with an old case of rioting here.
The cricketer-turned-politician appeared before the
First-Class Judicial Magistrate S H Q Rizvi after a
non-bailable arrest warrant had been issued against him as he
did not report to the court on the previous date.
Later he left for New Delhi to look after his ailing
father and former Chief Minister Bhagwat Jha Azad who was
undergoing treatment in the AIIMS.
Azad and others were booked on the charges of rioting
and causing damage to public property during an agitation
against power shortage in Darbhanga town in 2003.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'