Kirti Azad appears before court on arrest warrant
Darbhanga (Bihar): Former Indian
cricketer and BJP MP Kirti Azad on Wednesday appeared before a local
court following an arrest warrant against him in connection
with an old case of rioting here.
The cricketer-turned-politician appeared before the
First-Class Judicial Magistrate S H Q Rizvi after a
non-bailable arrest warrant had been issued against him as he
did not report to the court on the previous date.
Later he left for New Delhi to look after his ailing
father and former Chief Minister Bhagwat Jha Azad who was
undergoing treatment in the AIIMS.
Azad and others were booked on the charges of rioting
and causing damage to public property during an agitation
against power shortage in Darbhanga town in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi