Kirti Azad appears before court on arrest warrant
Darbhanga (Bihar): Former Indian
cricketer and BJP MP Kirti Azad on Wednesday appeared before a local
court following an arrest warrant against him in connection
with an old case of rioting here.
The cricketer-turned-politician appeared before the
First-Class Judicial Magistrate S H Q Rizvi after a
non-bailable arrest warrant had been issued against him as he
did not report to the court on the previous date.
Later he left for New Delhi to look after his ailing
father and former Chief Minister Bhagwat Jha Azad who was
undergoing treatment in the AIIMS.
Azad and others were booked on the charges of rioting
and causing damage to public property during an agitation
against power shortage in Darbhanga town in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan