Kirti Azad says he has been snubbed by Nitish
Patna: In an indication that all was not well between NDA partners in Bihar, BJP MP Kirti Azad today accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of snubbing him at a review meeting.
"The chief minister snubbed me twice when I raised the issue of water-logging in my constituency at the review meeting by him at Darbhanga yesterday," Azad told PTI in Darbhanga.
"He(Kumar) spoke to me in an indignant way and asked to keep quite while I was trying to highlight development issues of my constituency ... He did it not once, but twice," the BJP MP from Darbhanga said, adding it was done in full view of officials and public representatives.
Azad said despite Kumar`s `impolite` behaviour, he was undeterred and highlighted the shortcomings in the implementation of the centrally-sponsored schemes, including the Prime Minister`s Gram Sadak Yojana in the district.
Referring to the development works being carried out by the NDA government, in which BJP is a junior partner, Azad said it claimed to have set up schools and hospitals but had not appointed teachers and doctors in them in sufficient numbers.
Kumar was not available for reaction, but a JD(U) MLC Sanjay Singh slammed the BJP MP, saying he lacked manners while speaking to the chief minister.
Charging Azad of making baseless allegations against the chief minister, Singh said he had no ego when he "pestered" Kumar for days to agree to address an election meeting in his favour in Darbhanga parliamentary constituency four years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal