Kishanganj: Protest against land acquisition
Kishanganj: Hundreds of tribals armed with
their traditional weapons on Monday held demonstration before the
District Collectorate here to protest the acquisition of
their lands for construction of a centre of Aligarh Muslim
University (AMU) here, police sources said.
They held demonstration under the banner of SC ST Land
Protection Struggle committee.
The tribals from Purnia division in Bihar and nearby places in West Bengal collected at the collectorate and demanded that the state government repeal the deed of their
plots acquired for AMU Centre, they said.
The working president of the Committee Renta Soren and
Jitwan Paswan said a delegation of tribals and SC
representatives would soon meet Chief Minister in support of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra