Kishanganj: Protest against land acquisition
Kishanganj: Hundreds of tribals armed with
their traditional weapons on Monday held demonstration before the
District Collectorate here to protest the acquisition of
their lands for construction of a centre of Aligarh Muslim
University (AMU) here, police sources said.
They held demonstration under the banner of SC ST Land
Protection Struggle committee.
The tribals from Purnia division in Bihar and nearby places in West Bengal collected at the collectorate and demanded that the state government repeal the deed of their
plots acquired for AMU Centre, they said.
The working president of the Committee Renta Soren and
Jitwan Paswan said a delegation of tribals and SC
representatives would soon meet Chief Minister in support of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday