Kishanganj: Protest against land acquisition
Kishanganj: Hundreds of tribals armed with
their traditional weapons on Monday held demonstration before the
District Collectorate here to protest the acquisition of
their lands for construction of a centre of Aligarh Muslim
University (AMU) here, police sources said.
They held demonstration under the banner of SC ST Land
Protection Struggle committee.
The tribals from Purnia division in Bihar and nearby places in West Bengal collected at the collectorate and demanded that the state government repeal the deed of their
plots acquired for AMU Centre, they said.
The working president of the Committee Renta Soren and
Jitwan Paswan said a delegation of tribals and SC
representatives would soon meet Chief Minister in support of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll