Kishanganj: Protest against land acquisition
Kishanganj: Hundreds of tribals armed with
their traditional weapons on Monday held demonstration before the
District Collectorate here to protest the acquisition of
their lands for construction of a centre of Aligarh Muslim
University (AMU) here, police sources said.
They held demonstration under the banner of SC ST Land
Protection Struggle committee.
The tribals from Purnia division in Bihar and nearby places in West Bengal collected at the collectorate and demanded that the state government repeal the deed of their
plots acquired for AMU Centre, they said.
The working president of the Committee Renta Soren and
Jitwan Paswan said a delegation of tribals and SC
representatives would soon meet Chief Minister in support of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur