Labourer killed, 7 injured in house collapse in Kathua
Kathua: A labourer was killed and seven others were injured, one of them seriously, when an under-construction house collapsed due to heavy rains in Billawar tehsil of Kathua district, officials said here Monday.
The house collapsed due to heavy rains in Lohai Malhar, about 200-kms from Jammu, in Billawar tehsil last evening, they said.
Labourer Som Raj (20) died on the spot while seven others were injured, they said, adding locals rushed to the spot and rescued the victims from the debris.
The injured, including one seriously injured Onkar Nath, were rushed to sub-district hospital at Billawar for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, the body of one of the two villagers of Kathua district was today fished out from river Ujh in Bomiyal area of Punjab, they said.
The two villagers were trapped in flash floods in Ujh river at Nagri in Kathua district and were later washed away a few days back, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'