Labourer killed, 7 injured in house collapse in Kathua
Kathua: A labourer was killed and seven others were injured, one of them seriously, when an under-construction house collapsed due to heavy rains in Billawar tehsil of Kathua district, officials said here Monday.
The house collapsed due to heavy rains in Lohai Malhar, about 200-kms from Jammu, in Billawar tehsil last evening, they said.
Labourer Som Raj (20) died on the spot while seven others were injured, they said, adding locals rushed to the spot and rescued the victims from the debris.
The injured, including one seriously injured Onkar Nath, were rushed to sub-district hospital at Billawar for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, the body of one of the two villagers of Kathua district was today fished out from river Ujh in Bomiyal area of Punjab, they said.
The two villagers were trapped in flash floods in Ujh river at Nagri in Kathua district and were later washed away a few days back, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’