Labourer killed, 7 injured in house collapse in Kathua
Kathua: A labourer was killed and seven others were injured, one of them seriously, when an under-construction house collapsed due to heavy rains in Billawar tehsil of Kathua district, officials said here Monday.
The house collapsed due to heavy rains in Lohai Malhar, about 200-kms from Jammu, in Billawar tehsil last evening, they said.
Labourer Som Raj (20) died on the spot while seven others were injured, they said, adding locals rushed to the spot and rescued the victims from the debris.
The injured, including one seriously injured Onkar Nath, were rushed to sub-district hospital at Billawar for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, the body of one of the two villagers of Kathua district was today fished out from river Ujh in Bomiyal area of Punjab, they said.
The two villagers were trapped in flash floods in Ujh river at Nagri in Kathua district and were later washed away a few days back, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy