Lakhisarai encounter suspect, 3 other Maoists held
Lakhisarai (Bihar): Four Maoists, one of
them involved in an encounter with police in a forest in
Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, were arrested from the district
Gaurav Raj, hailing from Ghatwari under Dharhara
police station in Munger district, and three others were
picked up at Khudiban village in the district today, DGP
Neelmani told agency in Patna.
Raj was one of the Maoist suspects involved in the
August 29 encounter at a forest in Lakhisarai in which seven
policemen were killed and four others kidnapped by the ultras.
One of the four abducted ultras was later killed by the
While one of the other hardcore Maoists have been
identified as Nandu Thakur, a resident of Khudiban, exact
identity of the other two was still being ascertained,
Superintendent of Police (SP) Ranjeet Kumar Mishra said.
The SP said the four were putting up a poster at a
polling station at Khudiban village calling for boycott of the
assembly polls when they were rounded up.
Naxal literature and posters calling for boycott of
the assembly polls were found from them.
So far 16 Maoists, including two self-styled area
commanders of the outfit, had been arrested in connection with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan