Lakhisarai SP, DySP removed
Patna: Bihar government today transferred
Lakhisarai Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar Singh and
Deputy Superintendent of Police Ramadhar Singh in the wake of
the Maoist killing of seven policemen in Sital Korasi hills in
The new SP and DSP have been asked to take charge today
itself, officials said.
The government has stepped up anti-Maoist operation in
the district and neighbouring Jamui hours before the expiry
of the deadline to release eight Maoists as the police claimed
to have got vital clues about the whereabouts of the four
The Maoists yesterday issued an ultimatum to Bihar
government to release eight of their jailed commanders by
today, failing which they would kill four securitymen abducted
by them from the Lakhisarai district.
Ranjit Mishra, the city SP of Darbhanga, would replace
Ashok Kumar Singh as new SP of Lakhisarai and Deputy
Superintendent of Police (Railways) Rajbansh Singh would
replace Lakhisarai DSP Ramadhar Singh.
Outgoing SP Singh would be commandant of BMP-four in
Patna, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown