Lakhs of devotees observe Chhath puja in Bihar
Patna: Lakhs of devotees on Friday thronged
rivers, water reservoirs, canals and ponds across Bihar to
celebrate Chhath Puja.
Standing in knee-deep water, devotees paid oblations to
the setting sun. They also observed fast for 36 hours.
In Patna, lakhs of devotees offered Puja to the Sun God
after taking holy dip in the Ganga. Ghats on the banks of the
river were spruced up and illuminated for the occasion with
strains of devotional songs wafting in the air.
Close relatives of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD
president Lalu Prasad`s former chief minister wife Rabri Devi
with relatives celebrated Chhath and offered `arghyas`
(prayers) to the setting sun.
Lakhs of devotees thronged the Sun temples at Deo of
Aurangabad, Bargao of Nalanda and Pandarak in Patna district.
Inmates of various jails, including Beur, performed Chhath
puja for which the authorities made special arrangement.
The jail inmates also performed the puja at the divisional
and central jails in Motihari, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Buxar,
Gaya and Jehanabad.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on