Lakhs of devotees observe Chhath puja in Bihar
Patna: Lakhs of devotees on Friday thronged
rivers, water reservoirs, canals and ponds across Bihar to
celebrate Chhath Puja.
Standing in knee-deep water, devotees paid oblations to
the setting sun. They also observed fast for 36 hours.
In Patna, lakhs of devotees offered Puja to the Sun God
after taking holy dip in the Ganga. Ghats on the banks of the
river were spruced up and illuminated for the occasion with
strains of devotional songs wafting in the air.
Close relatives of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD
president Lalu Prasad`s former chief minister wife Rabri Devi
with relatives celebrated Chhath and offered `arghyas`
(prayers) to the setting sun.
Lakhs of devotees thronged the Sun temples at Deo of
Aurangabad, Bargao of Nalanda and Pandarak in Patna district.
Inmates of various jails, including Beur, performed Chhath
puja for which the authorities made special arrangement.
The jail inmates also performed the puja at the divisional
and central jails in Motihari, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Buxar,
Gaya and Jehanabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series