Lakhs of devotees observe Chhath puja in Bihar
Patna: Lakhs of devotees on Friday thronged
rivers, water reservoirs, canals and ponds across Bihar to
celebrate Chhath Puja.
Standing in knee-deep water, devotees paid oblations to
the setting sun. They also observed fast for 36 hours.
In Patna, lakhs of devotees offered Puja to the Sun God
after taking holy dip in the Ganga. Ghats on the banks of the
river were spruced up and illuminated for the occasion with
strains of devotional songs wafting in the air.
Close relatives of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD
president Lalu Prasad`s former chief minister wife Rabri Devi
with relatives celebrated Chhath and offered `arghyas`
(prayers) to the setting sun.
Lakhs of devotees thronged the Sun temples at Deo of
Aurangabad, Bargao of Nalanda and Pandarak in Patna district.
Inmates of various jails, including Beur, performed Chhath
puja for which the authorities made special arrangement.
The jail inmates also performed the puja at the divisional
and central jails in Motihari, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Buxar,
Gaya and Jehanabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says