Lakhs of devotees observe Chhath puja in Bihar
Patna: Lakhs of devotees on Friday thronged
rivers, water reservoirs, canals and ponds across Bihar to
celebrate Chhath Puja.
Standing in knee-deep water, devotees paid oblations to
the setting sun. They also observed fast for 36 hours.
In Patna, lakhs of devotees offered Puja to the Sun God
after taking holy dip in the Ganga. Ghats on the banks of the
river were spruced up and illuminated for the occasion with
strains of devotional songs wafting in the air.
Close relatives of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD
president Lalu Prasad`s former chief minister wife Rabri Devi
with relatives celebrated Chhath and offered `arghyas`
(prayers) to the setting sun.
Lakhs of devotees thronged the Sun temples at Deo of
Aurangabad, Bargao of Nalanda and Pandarak in Patna district.
Inmates of various jails, including Beur, performed Chhath
puja for which the authorities made special arrangement.
The jail inmates also performed the puja at the divisional
and central jails in Motihari, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Buxar,
Gaya and Jehanabad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'